What a lovely day it was to witness these two wonderful people exchange vows and celebrate their love. I am surprised that I have not yet seen the grand march that Kayla and Dave taught us! It started out slow but really got the party started. Here's the symbolism below if you'd like to give it a whirl!
The Grand March
- The dance begins with the couple being led around the room in a circle, which signifies life.
- The couple then separates, which signifies a quarrel.
- The couple then joins back together signifying making-up.
- The couples then join together in rows of four or more to signify the growing family.
- The dance then returns to single file, forming a snake that signifies the twists and turns of life.
-The couples then join together to form a bridge to which each person goes under to signify the strength of the new couples bond.
- The newlyweds then dance together while the wedding party and guests form a circle around them signifying the support of the family in marriage.